Your lease will tell you if it's your responsibility or that of the landlord to insure the property you occupy.

If it is your responsibility you must provide LSR or its agents with a copy of the insurance schedule and policy document at each renewal.

Insurance for the contents of the property and for any liability arising from your own activities, will always be your responsibility as a tenant and very often you will also be responsible for insurance of the glazing of the shop front.

Where the responsibility to insure rests with the landlord, LSR has arranged a block insurance policy, which covers the rebuilding of all premises owned by the Company, following damage caused by:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Earthquake
  • Civil commotion
  • Storm
  • Escape of water
  • Theft
  • Landslip
  • Aircraft
  • Explosion
  • Riot
  • Malicious
  • Flood
  • Impact
  • Subsidence
  • Heave

There is additional cover against terrorism.

In most cases, your lease will provide that where we arrange the insurance, we can recover the appropriate cost from you as a tenant.


You should notify your managing agent if the building suffers damage by one of the causes listed above. They will guide you through the claim process. You should wait for approval from the insurance company before arranging repairs, unless the repairs are of an emergency nature to prevent further damage and allow you to continue to use the premises.

Should you have any queries or need to make a claim, please contact your managing agent.

Published : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:00 PM

We use cookies and track users anonymously, check this box and save to disable. We are inferring consent by continuing.